Monday, March 12, 2012

In a nutshell, I am stupid

Okay let me set the scene for you. We're at Sam's doing Nerf wars and it's probably midnight or something. It's Danny, Derrick, Courtney, Sam, Dustin and myself and we're doing a free-for-all type of thing. Danny and Courtney are already out of the game and I'm hiding in the corner made by the couch and the wall. Dustin comes around the corner and I don't know if I shot him a bunch or if I just got a headshot but I got him out. Then, while he's telling Danny how I got him out, I start reloading and say jokingly, "Love you, babe."

Before I'm even finished saying it, I already know it's a mistake. I didn't mean to say it. Hell I don't even know if I meant it, it just slipped out. He didn't say anything so I'm not even sure if he heard what I said considering immediately after I said it, I asked about the remaining people in the round. He didn't say anything about it for the rest of the night and didn't seem to be bothered at all so I dunno...

I've always been kinda loose with the "love" word in the first place. I tell a lot of people I love them and I truly do. I just know that that is a kinda sore spot with him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even believe in love. I just don't know to apologize if I don't even know if he heard it. Just be like, "Hey so if you heard me tell you that I love you, it was totally an accident." I can only imagine any one of his possible reactions. "You told me that you LOVE me? What the fuck?!" or "Okay...I think we need to take a break, you're kinda freakin me out." ughhh

No comments: