Thursday, July 12, 2012

Where I prove how smalltown I am

Everything seems beautiful to me. Maybe it was growing up where I did, but every city seems humongous and everything is beautiful. Driving to Columbus really showed me that. I was driving down the interstate (it might've been 70) and saw the lights dotting the horizon and was just...blown away. The same happened when I drove to Detroit. Architecture, horticulture, anything like that is breathtaking for me.

Driving around a city like Detroit or Columbus just really proves to me how smalltown I really am. I look around and think "wow that building is really tall." or "holy crap there are a lot of lights over there." or "oh my god, everyone is driving super fast. Pleasedeargoddon'thitme!" XD

I'm pretty sure I have deliberately pulled over just to admire the dance that cars seem to do at certain intersections or roundabouts. Everything seems to have it's own form of poetry that's just never ending.

And yes I do find nature beautiful too. However there's a certain beauty to architecture and technology that you just can't find anywhere but the large cities.

Breathtaking.

No comments: