Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dilemmas and shit


I have wanted to write novels or stories since before I can remember. I’ve always loved books and my imagination has always been in overdrive. I still have some stories I wrote when I was like 8. They didn’t make any sense but even at that time, knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life no matter what my mom said. Even now, I have so many ideas and I’ve been expanding on one because I think it’d be a story that I would read if I read a summary of it. However, I’m too nervous to share it with my friends. I fear that they will judge me because of its contents. I’m afraid that as soon as I mention that it has vampires in it, that will be the end of their interest. It won’t matter if I say, “No, it doesn’t have gay vampires like Twilight and there won’t be illogical sexing all the time like in Trueblood. In fact, the main girl character wants to kill the main boy character.” Maybe I am trying to play off the current interest in vampires. So what? Maybe I’m being ridiculous. They’re my friends, they support me in everything. They also would not tell me if they weren’t interested cause they’re my friends and they don’t want to hurt my feelings that way. I, myself, think it’s a very engaging story and there’s no stupid romantic turn around but I’m also the one writing it. Augh what to do…

No comments: